About Me (the artist):
Hi! My name is Elia. I like food.
I am the comic artist of Elia in a Box Comics and I love it with all my heart. I drew comic #1 as a show gift to one of the technicians who was on crew for a show I was in. He liked it as well as many others and I was told to keep drawing them, which I did. I posted comics on blog sites as individual posts (since it was free) and then eventually I decided to expand as my own website. I got a free Webs account and built the site myself. It wasn’t the best, but it was better than what I had. Eventually I realized I was just drawing for my inner circle of friends as my target audience, and if I wanted to make it bigger, I would have to have comics with more generalized humor.
At the end of my freshman year of college, I realized the comic wasn’t leaving my life for a while so my mother bought me a domain and host for my birthday so I could keep this going for real. Since then, I have not looked back. I’m currently working on a comic book series centered around Helga my viking as well as a children’s book dealing with a current issue I am passionate about. More about that will be released soon, I hope!
Comic Awards and Honors:
- Finalist with Almost, Maine publicity campaign at the Texas State Thespian Festival. Went on to compete at the International Thespian Festival and was in the top 3 campaigns to receive an all-Superior rating.
- Comic artist for the ‘Campus Corral,’ newspaper for Central High School, 2009-2010
- Cartoonist for ‘the Shorthorn,’ newspaper for the University of Texas at Arlington, 2013
- First Place at the “Columbia Scolastic Press Association” for my Allan Saxe cartoons
- Published cartoon in Chava magazine – May 2015b